That’s when I really understood the value of coming to class: having someone watch me, correct me immediately, and make sure I’m doing everything properly.

After three sessions, I can feel that my body is slowly changing. During the first couple of weeks, my back and lower back were quite sore after every SBM session. But after sticking with it, the pain in my lower back has disappeared. I feel like my body is gradually accepting the “reset” that SBM is bringing.


In my daily life, I’ve also started making a conscious effort not to cross my legs when I sit. Whenever I catch myself wanting to do it, I get up and walk around instead. I’m trying to help my body forget the bad sitting habits it has remembered for so many years.


Before starting the classes, I honestly thought SBM was just about learning the right angles and that I could easily practise it at home. But once I actually started doing it by myself, I realised how many questions I had. Am I putting my hands in the right place? Should my hips be moving like this? Is it normal for my arms to feel numb when I move my head? The more I practised, the more questions I had.


That’s when I really understood the value of coming to class: having someone watch me, correct me immediately, and make sure I’m doing everything properly.


I have outward-rotated hips and my rib cage is uneven, so my goal is to improve these through SBM and by staying consistent. I know this is only the beginning and that it’s going to be a long journey. I just hope that with enough discipline and patience, I can give something back to my body and let it know that I’m genuinely trying to take better care of it.


One more thing I wanted to mention… the tea and little treats after every class have honestly become one of my biggest motivations! They make me feel like I have to work hard during the lesson to deserve the reward afterwards. Being able to enjoy authentic Japanese tea and okashi here in the UK makes me so satisfied. It really shows how much thought and care you put into your students, and I can truly feel the warmth and hospitality of Japanese omotenashi. 🍵


I really appreciated🌷



Comments

Labels

Show more