Slowly adjusting the spinal position by SBM (Self Body Make from Japan)

From A client's feed back

A modern office lifestyle often involves long hours in front of a computer. Sitting for such a long time causes lower back pain and neck pain. For example, I myself now started feeling such effects on my body – lower back pain, can’t lift heavy items, and can’t wear high heels. As for the neck, as I often read on my mobile, with my neck pointing down. I am feeling the consequences -- no pillows feel comfortable to me.

SBM is an exercise targeting the lower back and the neck. By slowly adjusting the spinal position, it aims to balance the posture and to help regain health.

At first glance, SMB is very simple. You only need to put a SBM pillow under the lower back or under the neck and rotate the waist or neck with rhythm. 

In reality it is not that simple. In my case, my lower spine is already a bit stiff. When I first did the exercise, it took a while to warm up and relax into the position. However, once I reached the right position and started to move, I could feel the stimulation and adjustment the movement made to my lower back, and it was like a kind of massage.




The movement for the neck is relatively easier, as our neck is usually less stiff than the back and quicker to warm up. With Mika’s help, it was very comfortable to do the exercise. The speed of the rotation might appear to be a bit quick for beginners, but I believe once the learners are more familiar with the exercise they won’t feel this way. Doing these exercises before bedtime can help with sleep.



Adjusting the spine is a gradual process. So for this exercise, consistency is important!




Depend on your body condition and balance, you might have different feeling if you try SBM.


If you want to try SBM(Self Body Make)
 please feel free contact us.

We are based in North Finchley 

SBM trial Lesson 60min including body check.
£140 for trial

SBM regular Class is membership only.

more details 
http://lilyandgold-london.com






Comments

Labels

Show more